Ukelele – School & Community – 2019
Please use the links below to navigate to the different sections of the Ukelele – School & Community syllabus. To browse through the other sections of the overall Music syllabus, please use the links on the left-hand side further down this page.
Section 88: Ukulele
- Refer to Rules 9, 17, 18, 32 and 37. Read all Syllabus rules with care.
- Own choice classes time limit 10 minutes unless otherwise specified.
- Ensemble is defined as 4 or more players.
- School groups are eligible to enter in this Section.
- Ensembles are given the choice of EITHER attending the festival “live” or having the option to record the group’s performance and sending it to the festival via dropbox or private youtube link. If recording is chosen, the entry form must still arrive at the office by November 30th. The Recorded portion must be emailed to the office by February 6, 2019.
- No accompaniment, piano or otherwise, permitted for ensemble classes
- A test piece, whether prescribed or own choice, cannot be used by a competitor in more than one class. Repertoire which does not coincide with stated categories will result in disqualification. See Rule 38.
- The Festival does not make music stands available to competitors in solo or small group classes.
- Performance times MUST be included on the entry form.