Original Composition – 2018
Please use the links below to navigate to the different sections of the Original Composition syllabus. To browse through the other sections of the overall Music syllabus, please use the links on the left-hand side further down this page.
Section 120: Original Composition
- Works will be adjudicated on originality and competence in handling form, harmony, melody and rhythm.
- Scores must be clear and legible with all bars numbered; photocopies are acceptable. Scores must be received in the Festival Office by January 14th. Entrants are advised to keep a copy.
- Decisions on winners are reached by the adjudicator reading the scores. Tape recordings will not be considered and should not be submitted. Scores, along with adjudicator reports, marks and certificates will be available the first Monday after the close of Festival competitions.
- Competitors may enter a maximum of two composition classes. Minimum Current RCM Grade 4 theory recommended for classes age 19 and over.
- Please note that compositions are not performed in this category. See Sections 6 and 68 in this syllabus for performance opportunities.
- Performance times MUST be included on the entry form.