Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles- 2018
Please use the links below to navigate to the different sections of the Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles syllabus. To browse through the other sections of the overall Music syllabus, please use the links on the left-hand side further down this page.
Section 110: Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles
- Refer to Rules 17, 18, 32 and 37. Read all Syllabus rules with care.
- Own choice. Time limit of 10 minutes for all classes except where specified, includes assembly, tuning, warm-up and performance.
- Any combination of orchestral instruments – no piano permitted.
- School ensembles are listed in Section 122.
- The Festival does not make music stands available to competitors in solo or small group classes.
- Competitors should be aware that all classes marked with a “P” make a competitor potentially eligible to proceed to the Provincial finals (June, 2019) and for classes 56-01, 56-02, 56-05, 56-07, 56-08 and 56-10 to the National Music Festival (August, 2019) and all pieces must be listed at in either the Current RCM or Conservatory Canada Syllabus.
- Performance times MUST be included on the entry form.