Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles- 2020
Please use the links below to navigate to the different sections of the Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles syllabus. To browse through the other sections of the overall Music syllabus, please use the links on the left-hand side further down this page.
Section 110: Mixed Instrumentation Ensembles
- Refer to Rules 17, 18, 32 and 37. Read all Syllabus rules with care.
- Own choice. Time limit of 10 minutes for all classes except where specified, includes assembly, tuning, warm-up and performance.
- Any combination of instruments – though trios and quartets should not be playing standard chamber repertoire.
- Piano accompaniment permitted for duets and trios.
- Standard Chamber Groups are listed in Section 227.
- The Festival does not make music stands available to competitors in solo or small group classes.
- Competitors should be aware that all classes marked with a “P” make a competitor potentially eligible to proceed to the Provincial finals (June, 2020).
- Performance times MUST be included on the entry form.